Go back to Products
The different types of E ink imaging film
|E ink film type||Alias||Colors||Operating temperature||Storage temperature||Remark
|Aurora Mb||V231||black, white|
|0°C to +50°C||-20°C to +60°C||Our most subscribed display platform.
Suitable for most indoor operating conditions.
Support partial updates.
|Aurora -25||V430||black, white|
|-25°C to +30°C||-25°C to +60°C||Suitable for freezing operating conditions.
|Spectra Red||R2.0||black, white, red|
|0°C to +40°C||-20°C to +60°C||3-colors pigments inside.
Taking longer time to complete a refresh.
How to make your selection?
- Note that EPDs are suitable for refresh cycles (global update, full screen update) from tens of seconds to minutes.
- Fast update rate (partial update – few hundred milliseconds) is feasible but please share your requirements with us for further support.
- An EPD is more suitable for applications where a static image is maintained without electricity and doesn’t need to be refreshed frequently.
–Temperature & colors
- Determine whether the operating temperature or color is the primary requirement for your product or use case.
- If having red as one of the EPD colors is a primary requirement, note that Spectra EPDs cannot be operated at sub-zero temperatures.
- If you need your product to operate under 0℃, the Aurora -25 EPD (black and white) will be the only suitable EPD.
- We recommend selecting Aurora Mb if it is not essential that you have a three-color display.
Driver comparison of iTC and eTC
iTC (internal timing controller)
eTC (external timing controller)
|EPD with host board||
|Driving waveform||Embedded in driver IC (CoG)||Controlled by MCU
Customization / Design flexibility
- The driving waveforms (LUTs, lookup tables) have been pre-programmed in the driver IC. Developers just need to send image data and update command to complete the screen refresh.
- If developers need special support to change the waveforms, extra LUTs can be sent externally.
- Following our driving guide, developers can fully control the driving flow and stage from the MCU.
- Developers need to send converted image data at each specific stage.
Go back to Products