Texas Instruments and Pervasive Displays(PDi) have joined forces to bring you the easiest way to start your own wireless e-Paper network! E-ink ePaper display module (EPD) is rapidly replacing traditional print paper labels and signage in businesses across the globe. With low power consumption and the ability to easily update and make changes, e-Paper is an eco-friendly way to reduce operating costs and improve production and logistic processes in industrial environments. The AdapTag demo kit provides a simple, working reference design for hardware and software development on sub 1 GHz at 433MHz applications, based on the Texas Instruments CC430 RF MCU with ultra-low power active matrix EPDs from PDi. The AdapTag board with PDi’s EPD is able to operate as host or slave, and contains Advanced Low Power Star (ALPS) protocol stack, programmable firmware code and open source software that can be tailored towards many different EPD applications.
- Starter kit to quick design RF product with EPDs (1.44″, 1.9″, 2.0″, 2.6″ and 2.71″)
- Reduced development time and shortened time to market
- Complete low power protocol reduces the RF communication design cycle
- Open reference circuits, tool source code and design documents
- Ultra low power consumption through configurable output power, flexible frame cycle and time slot of protocol
System Block Diagram